You’ve probably noticed another recent change Google has made in it’s Search Engine, Google Local is now Google Places. The wise people at Google haven’t really changed the claiming process other then recommending post cards instead of a text message or phone call (which is a very awkward process for any business with a phone system that’s less then 20 years old). The front end has really changed ofter the implementation of Google Instant.
We have been advising our clients look into a very specific strategy for Google Places. Given the changes to the search engine, specifically Google Instant, it is even more important to first claim your Google Places listing, then complete it as accurately as possible. Because Google Places is taking more prominence on the search engine results page and even pushing organic listings down the page a bigger focus needs to be placed on Optimizing your Google Places listing. Google is still giving priority placement to a few websites depending on page rank & value (typically positions 1, 2 or sometimes 3 appear above the Google Places listing) separating even more the top organic listing from the rest.
When there are lots of Google Places listings appearing, Google chooses the top seven & they push organic listings down or even onto page two.
To that end at Unwired Web Solutions we have launched a Google Places optimization program which does so much more then just claim your listing.
- Complete keyword research specific to Google Places clicks
- ensure claimed listing is completely filled out
- insert keyword based content
- create & upload video’s to Google Places & You Tube monthly
- Submit your website listing information to the sources Google uses to verify your listing (which results in higher ranking)
- we do further directory submission for Google Places on a monthly bases
- Include monthly updates for specials & promotions & coupons
Visit our Google Places page for more information & to contact us for more information about optimizing your website for Google Places.